2018 Planning Commission Work Plan/Comp Plan
The Comprehensive Plan contains the community’s vision for its future and sets policy and guidance to achieve the vision. In addition to the vision of the future, the plan also includes “Elements” that address a wide range of topics including land use, housing, transportation, capital facilities and utilities, parks and recreation and economic development. The Comprehensive Plan also provides a policy framework that guides the City’s other functional plans such as the Park and Recreation Plan, the Comprehensive Water System Plan and the Comprehensive Sewer System Plan.
Update Schedule and Documents
The Planning Commission has started preliminary review of the work plan for the year. The work plan can be downloaded *here*. Once the commission has reviewed all of the items a Public Hearing with the Planning Commission will be scheduled, environmental review will be completed and a recommendation will be made to the City Council. As part of this year's amendments, they City Council has tasked Planning Staff and the Planning Commission to revise the city's Sign Code. This is due to recent court cases. The goal of the revision will be to update our sign codes to reflect recent court decisions, make amendments for new technologies and make the codes easier to read and implement. City staff is working on a Request for Proposals (RFP) and will select a consultant soon. This process will likely include and open house as well as solicit comments from the business community, citizens and elected representatives.
If you would like to be notified of open houses or other related information or would like to provide comments, please email compplan@ci.Enumclaw.wa.us. Here is a copy of the proposed public participation program *click here*.
PLANNING COMMISSION WORK PLAN & MEETING PACKET MATERIALS
- Work Plan
- January 28, 2018 meeting - 2018 Planning Commission Work Plan and Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- February 22, 2018 - 2018 Planning Commission Work Plan and Comprehensive Plan Amendments and review of the proposed Sign Code Amendments
- March 22, 2018 - Downtown Pavilion Plan and second review of the proposed Sign Code Amendments
- April 26, 2018 - School Impact Fee Exemptions for Senior Housing, Pavilion Plan and 2nd DRAFT Sign Code
- May 24, 2018 - School Impact Fee Exemptions for Senior Housing (Public Hearing) and 3rd DRAFT Sign Code
SIGN CODE UPDATE - Amend Title 19 regarding signs within the City.
The city issued a Request for Proposals to hire a consultant to help the city with formulating and draft a new sign code. Proposals are due April 21, 2017 by 4:30 PM. Sound Municipal Consultants were selected to update the sign code. Below is information related to the process to include a timeline, public participation plan and any deliverables from the Consultant. Sign Code open house is scheduled for October 30, 5 pm to 7 pm. This project has been moved into 2018 and a revised schedule for adoption is included below.
- Sign Code RFP
- Scope of Work and Timeline
- REVISED Sign Code Public Participation Plan
- Gap Analysis Memo received August 25, 2017
- Open House Notice for October 30, 2017
- Public Comments and Survey Results (December 2017)
- Preliminary First DRAFT Sign Code Amendments
- Second DRAFT Sign Code Amendments
- Third DRAFT Sign Code Amendments