2017 Planning Commission Work Plan/Comprehensive Plan Amendments
Update Schedule and Documents
The Planning Commission has started preliminary review of the work plan for the year. The work plan can be downloaded *here*. Once the commission has reviewed all of the items a Public Hearing with the Planning Commission will be scheduled, environmental review will be completed and a recommendation will be made to the City Council. As part of this year's amendments, they City Council has tasked Planning Staff and the Planning Commission to revise the city's Sign Code. This is due to recent court cases. The goal of the revision will be to update our sign codes to reflect recent court decisions, make amendments for new technologies and make the codes easier to read and implement. City staff is working on a Request for Proposals (RFP) and will select a consultant soon. This process will likely include and open house as well as solicit comments from the business community, citizens and elected representatives.
If you would like to be notified of open houses or other related information or would like to provide comments, please email compplan@ci.Enumclaw.wa.us. Here is a copy of the proposed public participation program *click here*.
PLANNING COMMISSION WORK PLAN & MEETING PACKET MATERIALS
- Work Plan
- January 26, 2017 meeting - Work Plan and Impact Fee Discussion
- February 23, 2017 meeting - Impact Fee Deferral and Frontage Code requirement Discussion
- March 23, 2017 meeting - Public Zoning Amendment Discussion
- April 27, 2017 meeting - Public Zone Amendment and Single Family Residential Design Standards
- May 25, 2017 - meeting cancelled
- June 22, 2017 - Single Family Residential Design Standards
- July 27, 2017 - Single Family Residential Design Standards
- August 24, 2017 - meeting cancelled
- September 26, 2017 meeting - Single Family Residential Design Standards and Sign Code Gap Analysis
SIGN CODE UPDATE - Amend Title 19 regarding signs within the City.
The city issued a Request for Proposals to hire a consultant to help the city with formulating and draft a new sign code. Proposals are due April 21, 2017 by 4:30 PM. Sound Municipal Consultants were selected to update the sign code. Below is information related to the process to include a timeline, public participation plan and any deliverables from the Consultant.
- Sign Code RFP
- Scope of Work and Timeline
- Sign Code Public Participation Plan
- Gap Analysis Memo received August 25, 2017
Take our Sign code survey. One for citizens and one for businesses.
SINGLE FAMILY DESIGN STANDARDS - This would adopt design standards for all residential development within the City. Planning Commission packets regarding SFR Design Standards are provided above.
All comments can be emailed anytime up to the close of the Public Hearing by the City Council tentatively scheduled for November, 2017. Please email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org